Friday 8 January 2010

Passion in art.

The Christmas Tree is naked outside in the garden. The house is stark but surprisingly calming. Feel liberated to begin the spring with new actions. I miss staring at the sparkling lights and smelling the pine before forcing myself to bed, but that's all right, I had it and will again and I still recall the beautiful tree.
So now, it's snow and cold but that is also cleansing. It's exciting starting a new year with such beauty and danger and unknown.
And it's Elvis's birthday today. My daughter watched a couple of his tracks from the '68 show and remarked on his passion. That's what I want to bring into my work and life this year. More than ever. She also mentioned that a friend who is a young musician doesn't want fame, he wants to work. And she said how reality shows can cheapen talent.
I'd mentioned that the lifestyle that Elvis was pushed into, maybe half chose, led to his early death as it had with Michael Jackson and the waste of it. I particularly feel sad for Elvis in that he never really got to explore his passion for music. It is captured in the '68 concert. He is alive here as he never was in Vegas.

But this is about using our own, my own passion. LC has to crackle and fizz with it. My father used to say I went over the top in my writing and I still hear his words so rein the writing in. I'm going to go over the top and see where it leads. I enjoy this process. Let it all out, then edit, edit, edit, and then the passion simmers until the moment is right for it to explode.
Well, that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment