Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day

First verse of a poem. Thought it was sort of suitable for Valentine's Day.

'I'm not in your enlightened place
That puts attachment at the end of the list.
To love in that wider sense,
That Buddhists hold dear,
Alludes my grasp at present.'


Another two verses here....about attachment and suffering, the one and the many...how it'll be if no-one loves another exclusively and love is universal and the same between all, what will this world be like....maybe more verses.

'But one day, I, like you
Perhaps will see mankind as my greatest love
And spread my wings and thoughts over all.
But now, for now, have patience
That I will balance love between the two.'

Mm. First draft methinks. And then of course, the other verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment