Tuesday 4 January 2011

Titles

The Coty book as in the second one needs a different title. Meeting Coty came so easily. Erosion did. They suit. But this one, this second novel about Tessa and the world of perfume that is really the grown up version of the first book hasn't fallen upon it's real name. I think I'll leave Coty out of the title. So many people don't know who Francois Coty is so I'm thinking as it's Tessa's story to not refer to him at all and have people find out about him as they read the book.
I could have perfume in the title, but there has been a novel called Perfume. Play around with the connotations of scent/sent. The Catholic Church? Counting the Rosary? Or the women in the book. It is about women. Trio of Scent. It is about the three sisters...To Scent or not to Scent.
Now this is getting silly.
The women though. I think I'll focus on that. Voices. Their different choices. Different paths. mmmm. Set me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment