Wednesday 9 December 2009

Peace


I dropped my daughter off at a dance school in Denton for her class last night, drove round to the nearby Sainsbury's, bought multi-vitamins and a Snow White costume for the same daughter to take into college (from funds raised) for a Children's Christmas Present Appeal. The Snow White costume, not the vitamins.

And then I sat in the car and watched the other cars coming and going in the dark. I sat there for an hour. It was surprisingly soothing watching the red lights and white lights coming and going. Oddly peaceful. No-one seemed to be rushing. No cars peeping, engines revving, shouting and running. Coming and going, following the designated routes through and in and out and away to the motorway or home. And the cars parked were neat inside their white lines as splatters of rain hit their windscreens.
Breathing in and out hoping that my heart would stop beating so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment