Wednesday 29 August 2012

29th of August 1991

And looking back a little further. My dad died three months before Genevieve was born. Genevieve will be twenty-one in December. I wish both she and Miranda had known him. He loved playing with young ones, talking to teenagers, relating to young people. He loved playing his music and dancing to The Village People and performing his 'set pieces.' He used to lie on the floor and balance us on his hands, on his chest, when we were little and say we were up there with the 'crowned heads of Europe' and I hadn't a clue what he was on about. And he'd chase us up the stairs to bed with us shrieking!!! He's buried just off the moors in Haworth in Yorkshire with a view across the valley. I expect my sister and mum are up there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment