Tuesday 2 November 2010

Remakes


BLOOD SHOULD BE SPILT
I've just heard that the excellent film, "Let the Right One In" is going to be given the Hollywood remake treatment.
Why doesn't Hollywood come up with new ideas of their own? What gives them the arrogance to remake a great film? Instead, why not back the superb original?

You'd think the powers that be in LA would have learnt from the flops of past remakes. I remember how I flinched on hearing they were going to remake the black and white, "The Women" I suspect most people haven't seen this brilliant comedy starring Rosalind Russell, Norma Shearer, Joan Fontaine.. not one man appears in the film, oh yes, at the end, Norma Shearer's husband's legs and feet are running down a flight of stairs to meet her.

I think, finally, finally, Hollywood did remake this film, but from the poster, it looked more like Sex and the City. I didn't go to see it.

What's that phrase? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't even touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment