Tuesday 9 November 2010

Chorlton Book Festival

The Book Festival has already begun on a cold November night. A crowded, warm library is just the place to be.
I attended a few events last year. A memorable event was the talk on a group who took part in the spanish civil war. Very interesting, both from the talk and the people who attended. Vibrant. And I wanted to know more.

This year, there is a variety of events. Some great sounding workshops as well. I gave an afternoon talk last year about Meeting Coty. Think I should have talked more about general publishing too, but ran out of time. It was a sunny afternoon. A good way to spend a sunny November afternoon.

I love that places are having their own festivals and events and venues are used. Chorlton Library is an excellent venue. David Green there, loves books. And Writers and encourages others to love books too. Go and see. Check the website - or just google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment