Saturday 12 June 2010

Summing up.

Why are some weeks more emotionally driven than others? This weeks has been a wet week. Couldn't bear to watch after half time of the England v. USA match. Had a long bath listening to Billie Holiday then watched Finding Neverland. Watching it reminded me of when I saw it at the cinema with Miranda. Many tears from me. Tonight, many tears from both of us. So many, my eyes have shrunk and I'm drained. What is this about? I think this has been necessary after the week we've both had. M full of exams, me full of Tessa and her family. And the film is about what life is about in a way that takes us to a place we want to go to.
And J.M.Barrie. A friend gave me a book, 'Inventing Wonderland' by Jackie Wullschlager. It's a must. It is about Lewis Carroll, Edward Lear, J.M.Barrie, Kenneth Grahame and A.A.Milne and is fascinating into why they wrote what they wrote because of the times they lived and their backgrounds. What I liked is the humanity of the book. We understand a time, place and system. And I think that is good.
All this is symplifying the film and all these authors. Is this the problem with blogs or the way I'm writing? It's selfish. It's making me think and that I hope becomes unselfish because if I'm thinking then hopefully that makes me respond more sympathetically to situations and people and hopefully grow. Rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment