Thursday 22 April 2010

Afterwards


It is hard to concentrate. I'm trying really hard, well, I'm trying to crack on with Leaving Coty. The end of the first draft is tangible. I can see it finished. And that will be such a good position to reach. I've had the revolationary moment for Coty. Tessa hasn't quite reached her one. Do I know what it is? I think so. It's like that word on the tip of your tongue. I'm not getting frustrated because I know it will come. Like the discovery in The Monster Belt of what happened to Jonty. That moment. Tessa's moment will be small. She is back in the vicinity of where it will happen, I just know it won't be in the obvious place. It won't be in Harrods' perfume hall, or at home or by her father's grave. It'll come from a stranger. Isn't this great? This is like when moments come to me in the bath. It's taking shape as I'm writing this. A stranger. And they are the one that sees in her what she hasn't seen but is what is the crux to her dilemma. Yipee. Now I won't be distracted by thoughts of Juba's show last week and the coming Samba Encontro in Cardiff, weekend after next, well, that is still buzzing in my body, but now I know where I'm heading. Coty is on track and well, that is one thing solved...now where does it happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment