Monday 23 November 2009

My Favourite Jacket

I watched the film, "Before Sunset" again last night. Love the film. On this viewing, Nathan Hawke's jacket caught my eye and it brought back memories of a jacket I had when I was eighteen. I loved it. It was a mid to dark brown, slightly flecked fine wool jacket. It fitted perfectly. At the time, lots of jackets had shoulder pads, but this jacket's shoulders were neat. It fitted straight down, no tapering at the waist, but fitted across the hips as it did at the top. And reached an inch or two below my bum. Two pockets and a small lapel. I loved it and felt the bee's knees in it. Funny phrase. Another time!
And I often wore a little fedora type tweedy hat with it. Loved my hat too. I think the jacket was from Miss. Selfidges.

And then when I went to college I had a dark blue reefer jacket. Very masculine. I felt with my long hair it worked well. This has made me laugh, but i'm leaving it in.

Anyway, fond memories of that jacket. I no longer have it but I remember the way it made me feel. I felt I knew who I was. And I was happy with that. I'll have a think what's in my wardrobe that makes me feel like that now. And it's not the brown cardigan, though it hangs beautifully...

No comments:

Post a Comment