Friday 13 November 2009

Book Festival

Thank you to all those who turned up at Chorlton Library on Monday afternoon. And thanks to David Green and the librarians who gave such hospitality with fairy cakes and drinks. The sun beamed into the room and the atmosphere was welcoming.
I enjoyed talking about writing and Francois Coty and a little about my family tree and how it linked into the novel.
I hope you enjoyed it and felt you got something out of it.
I'm going to a talk next Monday by Chris Hall about volunteers in the Spanish Civil War. I'm really looking forward to learning more about that. We are very lucky in south Manchester with all the festivals and events that occur.
I'm over 80,000 words now on Leaving Coty, even with harsh editing. Love that! Tessa has met a new man, Gaston Bistoche, who seems like her soul mate. Trying to keep it restrained, but it's difficult. Ah well, can always come back and edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment