Wednesday 9 September 2009

The summer - autumn

I feel as though I've been out of action forever! Over the summer we have had visitors from abroad, big family events, a few days here, there and back again - to the Lakes, the North Yorkshire moors, West Yorkshire moors and back home and out again.
And a lot has happened emotionally as well. We've all been tested in the household. I've learnt I have to say 'No' when I don't want to say 'Yes.' Sounds simple probably for many of you, but I've hardened up this summer. I'm not going to put up with rubbish anymore.
So that's a good thing that's come out of August.

And so I've not been around to work much so feeling a strong need to write at length again rather than in snatches. Leaving Coty is coming on well. It seems natural to be back with Tessa and Co.

Erosion is improving with this latest edit. Clarifying and focusing. Must keep on top of that.

One thing else that has cropped up, as I'm not writing by numbers and ticking those set boxes that many people have come to rely on and that makes very safe and to me, boring literature, not even literature, books, I'm beginning to feel sad that the reader is being given more and more then same kind of thing. Where is the choice? I don't want to read the same format over and over or even the same subject matter. I want variety. I'm feeling frustrated. There is variety of sorts, just feels that the band wagon is rolling the same as it always has, whatever starts it rolling. I'd like to ride bare back once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment