Wednesday 30 September 2009

Film Review and bits of dance

I came home from the South Manchester Writers' Group yesterday evening and watched "Lady Chatterley" on television. (French version, 2006) It was beautifully shot, taking us through the seasons as though we were there. You could smell the woods, feel the breeze and then the early summer sunshine. It took its time and cut from scenes when the scene had done its job. No perfectly finishing something off. The actors weren't Hollywood perfect, but charismatic in an understated french way. The dialogue was minimal and when there were full conversations, there were no frills. It was sensual without trying. Practical in the first love scenes, so that it developed each time the two main characters met. Thank you Channel 4. Beautiful film making.
I'm glad I didn't go to the pub so I caught this film.

Tonight, I'm going to watch and maybe join in some Eastern European dance at the Didsbury Arts Festival.
There's a dance show on at the Lowry though too - contemporary dance which looks good too....

I'm working on Leaving Coty today. It won't be finished for Christmas...well, not in publishable form.

No comments:

Post a Comment