Wednesday 1 May 2013

Moving On

The old dark shining wood chest of drawers with the magical brass handles is by my bed. I always wanted it here and it fits perfectly. What nearly didn't come home from my mum's was a wardrobe. It is huge, or seemed huge. I remember hiding on top of it once, behind the raised, curved doors and no-one could see me. It is now in my bedroom and is petite and demure. How on earth could I think no-one would have seen me, hiding on top of it? My mum's house was a cottage. It was huge under those low ceilings. It now seems small in a high ceilinged 1920's house. And those grown ups stood around in that cottage bedroom saying, 'Mmmm? I wonder where Ruth could be hiding?' And crouching down, I couldn't see their faces. I am so glad this wardrobe has found its home here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment