Thursday 14 March 2013

The Betrayal of Trust by Susan Hill

I woke early to finish ''The Betrayal of Trust' by Susan Hill. It wasn't as good as 'Dark Matter.' It unsettled me though because of subject matter, dementia, falling in love when you're not free to, death. There were many characters, unlike 'Dark Matter' and I've realised I want simplicity. Apparent simplicity. Erosion had many characters, Monster Belt, which I'm editing now, has so many threads, my head spins trying to work them all out. Next has to be either first person or one voice and one story. A ghost story. I'm also thinking about how we get our work read. The different types of author. The ones who market themselves and the ones who hold back. The pushy ones make it. How do the ones hold back get their work read by millions? And let's forget it 'being good.' There is more to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment