Wednesday 6 June 2012

Business

Waiting to hear that the contract with Lightning Source goes through. In the meantime, I'm registering a new business with HMR Customs and the Office of Trading Standards and checking exactly what I need to do. It's not a limited company, just a business. No other company as far as I can find out is registered under Parkinson & Archer. I am the sole employee and it is a very simple operation. I'm doing my utmost to get this right and work through all I need to do methodically. I have my notebook with everything logged. I've changed the real place names used in Erosion to fictitious names as it was pointed out I could be sued. Other people don't see real place names as a problem, but in my usual knee jerk reaction, I changed them. At least this way, I should be covered. Nothing detrimental is said as far as I'm concerned, a character may make an off hand remark, but it's certainly not based on fact and is purely opinion. Anyway, better to be safe on this one as has been advised. Shame, but there it is. What else? One day, I will find peace. I'm never going to be one of those people who radiates calm and serenity and a sense of being grounded. Will I ever know myself well enough to have that aura of peace and tranquillity? It's not me, but there is somewhere in between that is attainable. I won't find it in the city, I know I am not strong enough to zone out and attain that serene being, I need surroundings to aid me in this. I admit this one, I'm going to need external help. Open space, away from cars, mobiles, all the stuff. I'm going to need the computer....for now anyway. Right. On with the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment