Thursday 6 May 2010


Juggling the real world and the world of last weekend in Cardiff. In my head. Making sense of how these are both part of who I am. I know I'm not alone with this. After any momentous occasion there is a shift. Could be a downer, often is, a low after a high, but then of course, that will shift again and another high will come.
And it was such a high. The entire Welsh Encontro. I was only there for the Sunday evening show at The Coal Exchange but that was sufficient to come away with feeling that I am part of something unique, empowering, life enhancing, exhilarating and that is passed on in a vast chain. If my insides could smile they would be reeling with laughter.
What made the evening was the joy that erupted through the room. The sound of the drums, all the instruments, the singing, the dancing on stage and off, the moving bodies, the smiling faces. One big mass sharing of appreciation.
And now, sitting at the computer, will soon be downstairs editing a hard copy of LC, quiet, the house quiet. In the mind, not the body. And after being in the body completely that night.
And that is what Tessa has in LC. I read an article, will talk about this tomorrow as don't particularly want to get into it now, but it was about how the journalist hates working women only 'getting what life is about' when they have a weepy moment and see that love and a man is what life is really about.
Made me think what I was doing with LC. And what it is about is like juggling the dance with the real world. The physical with the cerebral. Tessa has her dream job. She is a career girl. She lives in her head. The dilemma is, is that she begins to feel that she wants to listen to her body. And her body is telling her to dance. And dancing is doing what your body is telling you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment