Friday 17 April 2009

London Book Fair

I'm not doing a great deal of writing at the moment. I'm editing the first chapter of Leaving Coty, jotting down threads to progress through and also the other things that I didn't initially feel were the job of a writer, but have finally admitted that they are. So. I'm going to the London Book Fair next Wednesday and am looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to it being busy with movement and people and action. Maybe a reaction to having a contrast with the 'business' of my dusky pink room at the back of the house where the computer lives. I don't think so. I've always liked the bustle of things going on. So. I'm sorting out who I'd like to see, samples of this and that.. what to wear..

And then there is Chorlton Arts Festival coming up in May and I'm giving a talk and a reading, so I'm re-reading Meeting Coty to pick out sample chapters and editing the first chapter of Leaving Coty so it's up to standard to read out and jotting down what I will talk about and ordering flyers and postcards and books for the Festival Launch..and what to wear...

Oh and last night I went to the opening of Martin Nash's latest Art Show. Some beautiful pieces. I love the way he blends the paint giving a 3-D effect. They could be life long friends. And he's very good at naming his pieces too. Made me smile. It reminded me how inspirational art can be. It is on at the Lowry Hotel, Manchester, for a few days I think.

And now? Now I'm going to plan this flyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment